Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Jumpin' on the Bandwagon

The Carnival of Nightstands bandwagon, that is. Matilda and Margaret and Jennifer have done it, and as I was cleaning up my used tissues from the nightstand yesterday, I decided to do it, too. I'm just a little late getting on the wagon. Nothing unusual.


On the left are prayer books, mostly St. Josemaria Escriva, and then in front is my prayer journal and Matt Talbot. In the back, my lamp, and alarm clock (very exciting, I know) and in front of those is the Vick's VapoRub -- my best bedtime friend lately. Next to that is my homemade lip balm, as recommended by Jennifer -- good stuff. And then, closest to the bed are my rosaries, the beaded one that I use occasionally and the twine one that I take to bed most nights. Doesn't everyone keep two rosaries next to their bed? If one is handy, then two are better, right?

Sorry about the whine yesterday, although I do very much appreciate those who left sympathetic comments. I spent an hour or so here last night reading about the most incredible fight for life for mother Tricia and daughter Gwyneth. I will not whine about the common cold again. Not even when my head explodes from coughing. I promise. If you have extra prayers today, keep them in mind. They have a tough row to hoe.
.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your nightstand is lovely, just like you. Looking at its occupants, I am reminded that the one thing truly lacking from my own is a prayer book by St. Josemaria Escriva. Oh, how I love that man! (It's okay; my husband knows this.)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!