Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Little Known Facts

Kathy at The Daily Grotto tagged me for this meme, which I've done before. But, I decided to play again, even though most of my answers are the same this time as they were last time. I guess I'm pretty stable that way.


1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? My mother claims that I was named after my father's old girlfriend. She was my mother's cousin, actually, and they dated briefly before my parents met. My dad said it was just a nice Catholic name. I've never liked it. I'd rather be Elizabeth or Margaret.

2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? Yesterday. Not telling why.

3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Yes, it hasn't changed since Catholic grade school days. I write just like the sisters who taught me.

4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? braunschweiger or salami

5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? Three sons, one daughter

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? If I said "yes," well, that wouldn't be very humble, and if I said "no," well that's kind of scary.

7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? Not really -- although sometimes with my oldest son -- he gets it and sometimes that's the only way I get through to him.

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? No, not since I was five years old.

WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Never.

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? No favorite, I eat almost anything -- I like Corn flakes, Raisin Bran and hot Grape Nuts.

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? I own no shoes with ties, unless you count snow boots and I think you have to untie those.

12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? I have typical female upper body weakness, which drives me nuts. My legs are very strong. So is my will.

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? No favorite again, but I really like Graeter's Butter Pecan, and my own homemade vanilla and strawberry.

14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? Either their eyes or their voice.

15. RED OR PINK? Pink

16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING YOU LIKE ABOUT YOURSELF? My temper.

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My dad, who died when I was in college, and two of my brothers who live in Maryland and California.

18. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Charcoal gray pants and black shoes.

19. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? Last night's dessert -- Apple Cranberry Crisp with homemade vanilla ice cream.

20. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? The space heater blowing in my family room. No other sound. Ahhh.

21. IF YOU WHERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? I thought I would pick Canary, because my favorite color is yellow, but when I went to the Crayola site, to find the right color name, I saw Cornflower and remembered how much I always loved Cornflower. It always surprised me with it's beauty. It's so cool and unpretentious. I know, it's just a crayon.

22. FAVORITE SMELLS? I couldn't possibly pick just one: clean baby clothes, clean baby diapers, bread baking, wood burning, sheets and nightgowns dried in the sun, my husband's Old Spice deodorant, Channel No. 5

23. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? can't remember -- that would have been yesterday

24. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? Baseball, college football (if it's the Buckeyes)

25. HAIR COLOR? Almost completely silver/gray. I've been gray since before my first child was born -- premature gray runs in my family. But, I was varying shades of Loreal gray before I decided to grow out my silver. When I was a child I was a strawberry blond.

26. EYE COLOR? Dark brown.

27. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? No.

28. FAVORITE FOOD? Clearly you can see that I have a problem with favorites. I love all sorts of beans, any kind of bread, salsa and chips, potatoes fixed almost any way, ice cream, almost any kind of cake. I guess you could say I like carbs.

29. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Happy endings. There is no point to scary movies. I don't get them.

30. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? "The Last Sin Eater" -- good movie

31. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? Red and gray striped

32. SUMMER OR WINTER? Winter, Definitely winter.

33. HUGS OR KISSES? Big hugs.

34. FAVORITE DESSERT? Vanilla ice cream with strawberries or coconut cream pie or dark chocolate cake with whipped cream frosting or blueberry crisp or cherry pie or...

35. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? Matt Talbot by Eddie Doherty. I'm almost finished.

36. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? NASA Launch Services Program

37. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON T.V. LAST NIGHT? The end of House and the beginning of the news (about 30 minutes in all). That's about how long I can commit to network television.

38. FAVORITE SOUNDS? My kids laughing -- they all have big laughs, water trickling, fire popping, rain falling

39. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Do I have to pick; I say neither.

40. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? south Florida

41. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? Not really. My family all say that I'm a great cook, but I really just have a knack for finding good recipes.

42. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Cincinnati, Ohio


.

1 comment:

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!