Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Book Meme

How many different book memes are there? I know I've done them before; likely I did this one before, but Regina tagged me, so I must be her new friend. I would never turn down a tag by a new friend. Besides, she might talk about me if I don't do it.

The rules are (And this is easy, hence my willingness to play. I'm also waiting for Doug to get off the treadmill so we can eat dinner.):

1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people.

The book closest to me, on the table next to the computer is a cookbook, and page 123 is a picture. The shelves above me are filled with an assortment of Catholic books and homeschooling books and cookbooks, so there is no closest, really. But to be fair, I will reach up and grab the book that is right in the middle of the shelf above me.

Wait here.

Aha. It is The Way, Furrow, The Forge by St. Josemaria Escriva. Very lucky you are today.

"Mary, teacher of prayer. See how she asks her Son at Cana. And how she insists, confidently, perseveringly...and how she succeeds. Learn." (o.k. that was four sentences, but I wasn't cutting off in the middle of the paragraph.)

Tag:
Barb
Matilda
Michelle
Jennie
Deborah

If you've done it before, you're excused.

.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, I wouldn't talk bad about you. I don't have many blog friends and you left a comment so you got tagged, you never have to play along. My feelers won't get hurt :)
    r

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!