Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Saturday, November 03, 2007

Prayers Needed -- Update

Continued prayers needed. Just a short while ago, Jill was taken to the hospital by ambulance for extreme pain. She was supposed to be attending her bridal shower.

O God, your Son accepted our sufferings to teach us the virtue of patience in human illness. Hear the prayers we offer for our sick brothers and sisters. May all who suffer pain, illness or disease realize that they are chosen to be saints, and know that they are joined to Christ in his suffering for the salvation of the world, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen

8 comments:

  1. Oh dear. Be assured of my prayers. I'll start right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no that's awful Barbara. In my prayers too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your prayers, ladies. I don't have many details, but I know that she had emergency surgery yesterday and is in ICU at this time. I appreciate your prayers so very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barbara I have taken the liberty of posting your prayer request on the One Came Back prayer blog:
    http://onecameback.blogspot.com/2007/11/prayers-for-jill.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much, Esther. That really means a lot. And I know that Jill's parents and sisters are so very grateful for the prayers.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!