Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Well, I Asked For It...Sort Of


Did you ever "allow" your husband to do something that you knew you might regret? Well, two weeks ago after our annual garage sale, Noah
wanted to take his cut of the hot dog sale money and buy gerbil. Which is fine -- I don't mind gerbils. As rodents go, they would be my pick -- they don't bite (unless you squeeze) and they don't make much urine. And Noah wanted his dad to take him to the pet store. I was busy, so I put my reservations away and let them go.

My last words were "make sure it's a boy." And my first words upon inspection of Noah
's new friend were, "I hope she's not pregnant." Noah said, "It's not a 'she,' it's 'Troy' " (named after his favorite Ohio State Buckeye now Baltimore Colt QB). Yea, right. I should have known that Doug could not tell the difference between a boy and a girl gerbil and that his claim that he could was not exactly true (not sure what was wrong with the pet store clerk). Well, it was like foreshadowing in the movies. Because sure enough, last Friday morning Noah came to me with his eyes as big as saucers and said, "Mom, Troy had babies!" Ugh! I should have known. I should have marched that gerbil right back to the pet store.

So here are pictures of our five little hairless baby gerbils. We're keeping one. One! Any takers for the others?





5 comments:

  1. Mom, Troy had babies

    I know you're not amused but I am dying laughing here. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You be careful Deborah -- I might arrange an overnight express package for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to say that they're cute, but rodents are not my thing...give me a cuddly kitten any day.
    At least you can say that your son did some "nature study" this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Troy is QB rookie for the Baltimore Ravens. I cannot tell the gender of a gerbil but I follow my Buckeyes into the pros!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. O.k., anonymous -- I show my age, not the Colts, the Ravens!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!