Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Monday, June 11, 2007

Mama Blues

.
Today I wanted to stay in bed all day. With my little five-year-
old'sbottom tucked up against my tummy, with the cool breeze blowing in the window, snuggled under the covers. I wanted to forget that today my Francis starts prep classes for high school. I don't want him to go. I want to be selfish about having him home -- I want him to homeschool a few more years. I want to pretend he's not really growing up. He's my Bear.

But he wants to go. He want to fly from the nest. I guess it's never about the mama is it?

Do you think mama birds get the blues when their little darlings fly?

Update (2 p.m.) It's not just mama's that get blue -- baby sisters do too. Peach has asked me at least a dozen times when Francis is going to be home (and we saw him at lunchtime). Now that I think about it, she's five and he's been home full-time for four+ years. She's never been without him.


3 comments:

  1. I have three at home and three at school and now that school's been out about a week. The three little ones are just overjoyed with having their big siblings home for the summer and vice versa. I hope this warm fuzzy feeling I'm getting makes it all the way until September!
    Enjoy your summer together. May it linger slow and sweet.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have room for another on the Mama Blues Bench? Our 20 year old is flying the coop on Tuesday and our 5 yr old is really struggling. He's never been without his older brother (both have been/are homeschooled).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come on over -- we'll have a big pity party!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!