Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Tuesday, May 29, 2007

White Chicken Chili

I have several recipes posted today-- two from this week, two that I've been wanting to post just to share. I've posted them separately so they're easier to file. Don't you know that I forgot to take a picture, but this one from the Internet is just how it looks, except I use white corn instead of yellow.








Colorado White Chili

1 T vegetable oil
1 medium onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
4.5 oz can diced green chilies
1 T cumin
2 t oregano
½ t ground cayenne pepper
¼ t ground cloves
15.5 oz. great northern beans (do not drain)
15.5 oz. white corn (canned or frozen)
2 cups cooked, diced chicken
5 cups chicken broth


In a large pan, combine oil, onion, garlic, and green chilies. Saute until tender, but do not brown. Stir in spices, beans, corn, chopped chicken, and chicken broth. Cook and stir until heated through. Adjust seasoning to taste. Serve in bowls with cheese, sour cream and tortilla chips. Garnish with jalapeno slices if desired.

(To freeze: cool completely. Freeze in a freezer bag. Thaw completely. Simmer until heated through.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!