Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Thursday, April 19, 2007

Rosary Show and Tell



Sharon at the
Bird's Nest tags all Catholic moms to share their favorite rosary. I knew I couldn't pick just one. But narrowing it down to two was big for me.



This first one is my favorite rosary, but I don't use it much. It's very fragile. It's not much to look at, but the reason I love it so much is that it is a real rose petal rosary. My mother-in-law bought it for me in Spain, where it was made. And I love to use it, love smelling the roses while I pray, but it usually falls apart at least once while I'm praying (very distracting). I need to investigate whether the beads will tolerate being taken apart and put back together so that the links don't come apart.


This second one is the one I use all the time and keep in my purse. I made it myself and I really like the beads. They are fairly large and there is enough space between the Aves and the Paters so that you can feel when you've ended a decade. I like that in a rosary. I also love the petite gold crucifix and the Madonna center. Click on the pictures to see them up close.

I tag any Catholic mom who wants to share. Leave a comment if you play so we can see your post.

NOTE: Be sure to stop by the Bird's Nest and see Sharon's new little chick.


7 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful rosaries. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite rosary was one that belonged to my mom's mom (or my maternal grandmother). I never met her as she died when my mother was very young. This is one of the few things of hers that makes her *real* to me. I would love to share a photo of it, but sadly, it has gone missing. I still have her little, old, torn case, but the rosary itself has disappeared. I'm hoping that it will reappear someday so that I can share it with my own daughters.
    Jane
    PS-Your rosaries are just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A prayer to St. Anthony is definitely in order!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the rosary that you made. It is beautiful. I am so looking forward to getting a "special" rosary one day. All I have are the plastic ones you get when you donate to different Catholic charities! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your rosaries are beautiful!
    I know what you man about the rose-petal rosary. Those are so special. And that yours is actual roses-how rare. I have a rose-SCENTED one. It is so nice to pray with that aroma. Such a "Mary" feeling. :)

    What talent, too, making that 2nd rosary. Thanks for sharing and joining in the photo tag. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sharon, you are crazy, surfing around the internet this morning. You better get back in bed!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!