Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Easter table decorations

I'm moving into high gear for Easter. I've started panicking about being ready. And while I won't decorate until Saturday, I think I need to start prepping. I have many pretty table decorations, but I like to have a new one each year, especially for the children's table.

These are too cute and could hardly be easier (surprising since the idea came from Martha Stewart).




Candy Baskets How-To
Place treat containers on end tables or arrange them on a tiered cake stand to create a centerpiece.

1. Cut off one-third of a Styrofoam egg carton with scissors. Trim around top edge to neaten.
2. With pinking shears, trim 1 inch off short side of a folded sheet of crepe paper. Apply a line of glue to outside of carton, just below rim. Adhere uncut edge of paper to glue, using your fingers to push paper into pleats.
3. To make the handle: Cut a 13-inch piece of fabric-covered floral wire. Use wire to poke holes on both sides of carton. Bend wire, and insert ends into holes; fold ends up to secure. Fill basket with candy, such as dragees and chocolate eggs.

(idea and directions from marthastewart.com)

2 comments:

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!