Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Monday, April 09, 2007

At home on Easter

I wanted to post some pictures of our home on Easter.


Our Paschal Candle centerpiece. I decorated the candle
per directions from Catholic Culture and I was
very pleased with the results. You can't see it very well in the centerpiece,
but the flowers will die and we'll continue to use the candle until the Ascension.
Something to look

forward to doing in years to come.



The grown-up table with the Paschal candle centerpiece and
some of these little egg baskets.
Forgot to take pictures of the kids' table.



The annual Hot Milk Cake; recipe posted in last week's menu and recipes.




I'm dreaming of a white Easter?


7 comments:

  1. Just beautiful Barbara! I am up with a sick 2 year old and just saw your lovely pictures. The candle does look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Utterly beautiful in every way! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your candle is wonderful! You did a beautiful job on it. What a super idea for the Easter table.

    It was kind of different having a white Easter here in Ohio - but, I will admit it was beautiful to see the gentle snowflakes falling during the Service of Light for the vigil mass. Seemed to add a special pure and beautiful touch - the hand of God...

    Happy Easter Season,
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your centerpiece is absolutely beautiful... what a lovely idea! I am going to have to remember that for next year! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything is stunningly beautiful! I didn't get around to leaving a comment before. I love your cake and your candle centerpiece. What did you use to make the markings? Paint? Wax?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually I printed the letters and numbers on the computer printer on card stock. I cut them out and glued them on with hot glue (just a dot). I used whole cloves to make the cross (I inserted a hot skewer into the candle to make the hole first).

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!