Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Have you got an extra steak?


This pup never stops begging. And she eats everything except banana, so far. We said we wouldn't feed table scraps, but I admit she gets her share. It's those big brown eyes.


Speaking of steak, I have never been a big meat eater, however, since I started watching my cholesterol and saturated fats, I am also thinking a big steak sounds good. Isn't it funny how that works?

I am hungry. I stand at the pantry door and look for something, anything I can eat, same with the refrigerator. Between the IC diet and the low cholesterol/fat diet, I can't find much that's safe. I feel like pounds should be melting away, but they aren't. I'm a middle-aged woman and I hold onto weight like a dog holds onto a bone. Or a steak. Such is life.

6 comments:

  1. So cute it's hard not to give her a little taste! Our puppy loves bananas and has been known to eat an entire one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so there with you, it's ridiculous! I mean, with the diet stuff. I never really liked potatoes and bread . . . until lately when I should not be eating it. And, we give Holly scraps, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grass fed beef.... it's very lean. Or you can just go to game.

    Cute pup! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh!

    I do have some milk....on my garage floor....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Feed that brown eyed pup and feed yourself some steak....life is too short!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katy, You have a smarter pup than I.

    Sarah,
    Potatoes and bread I can do, but not so much red meat. We could share a whole dinner, you and I!

    Theresa,
    I don't have a resource for game, and like I said, normally I'm not much of a meat eater. I will splurge on some grass fed beef though -- I can get that at Giant Eagle.

    Oh, Jamie, She would love to clean up your milk, but I wouldn't want to clean up the mess after she digests it! Blech!

    Christine, Life is too short -- you're right! But it might be even shorter if I don't bring down my cholesterol. Maybe I'll have some of that grass fed steak Theresa referred to.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!