Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Saturday, May 09, 2009

Our Lady of Sorrows, Pray for Us

.


DÜRER, Albrecht
The Seven Sorrows of the Virgin
c. 1496



"Do not fear adversities, because they place the soul at the foot of the cross, and the cross places it at the gates of heaven, where it will find He who triumphed over death and will introduce it to eternal life."
--St. Padre Pio




Mary, who remained at the foot of the cross and was crowned Queen of Heaven and earth, pray for us.


.

4 comments:

  1. You've a very nice blog. I enjoyed reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the picture. So Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a very beautful picture Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came to say what Emily and Jaime already said: Beautiful picture.

    The quote from Padre Pio gave me goosebumps!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!