Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Thursday, April 23, 2009

You Domestic Terrorist, You

.




This vehicle belongs to a potential domestic terrorist. It's my vehicle. I am, according to the Department of Homeland Security, a potential domestic terrorist.

If you display pro-life bumper stickers on your car, pray in front of clinics, or participate in pro-life walks, talks or any other kind of public display, you are a potential domestic terrorist, according to the Department of Homeland Security warning issued on April 7th, entitled: “Rightwing Extremism: Current Economic and Political Climate Fueling Resurgence in Radicalization and Recruitment."

If you participated in a TEA party or other anti-taxes/anti-government rally or public event, you are a potential domestic terrorist.

If you are also a military veteran or the wife of a military veteran, you are also targeted as a potential domestic terrorist. If you are also vocally pro-life, you are double targeted.

Are you scared yet?

An article at the American Center for law and Justice can be found here.

I'm going shopping for more bumper stickers.

.

15 comments:

  1. UGH! I just don't get it ... I continue to be baffled by the direction our country is going. What is going on??? It seems like there are enough people out there who are pro life and also desire our country to remain faithful to the principles it was founded on ... Oh, I do hope and pray that we reach a turning point—and soon! God bless America, please!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just AWFUL!! I'm not surprised though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh-oh! I better watch my back because I am 2 for 3 on the domestic terrorist warning sign list. I am pro-life and I am the wife of a veteran. Fear me? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah,
    We have to continue to speak out and not be afraid!

    Jessica,
    I am only surprised by how quickly the new administration is making it all happen -- like it's been in the works, just waiting. Scary.

    Regina,
    Brutus is on the side window along with my "Ohio State University Humanities Scholar" decal. ;-)

    Aimme,
    I'm shaking in my boots! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I meant "Aimee" -- see you really scared me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HA, Regina's comment made me spit my drink out! You Buckeye fans are everywhere. My husband is a Hawkeye fan. I could care less. Kudos to everyone. Anyway, I'd really rather not lose all my freedoms by phantom jockies looking for trouble. I am so sick of people twisting fantasy into reality . . . go write a book or make films, but stay out of gov't!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need some more stickers. The "Choose Life" license-plate holder is way too subtle. If I'm going to be a terrorist anyway, I might as well be obvious about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's true Barbara! It IS very scary, how fast it is all happening...

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's funny that you should post about this today....I was listening to Teresa Tomeo on EWTN today and I was amazed at what I heard.
    I'm proud to be on the FBI/CIA list!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a confused state our world has become. Viva la stickers Barbara! Great post, real and true.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok, the only thing I didn't do on your "you might be a terrorist if..." list is I didn't hit up a tea party and that's honestly only because I was doing a Pro-life meeting at Church. Otherwise... I can click "all of the above." Oh... and I admire and utilize my Second Amendment rights too. So I'm really a terrorist.

    I'm just baffled at the idiocy of it all. I honestly believe I now know how some Germans felt when Hitler was taking over.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh yah...I have been listening to all the stuff out there. I ditto all the other comments. But we are not alone. We have to double our efforts to ban together and the Tea Party was the start I believe. Keep reading watching and eyes open.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What I love: irony. They are sending this "domestic terrorist" and family to HI to live! That's ironic! My hubs is active duty and a vet. What does that make me? Bonnie house keeper, that's what. All this makes me laugh and yet, worry a bit. Has this nation gone completely mental?

    ReplyDelete
  14. hahahaha....me too. Maybe we should all start banding together. :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!