Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Yarn Along


I've been desperately trying to write a real blog post (ok, maybe it wasn't desperate, but it was close), but our days are completely filled and homeschooling this one child this year has been exhausting. I know that those of you who homeschool more than one child (like a bunch!) are laughing or scoffing at me right now. But eighth grade and being enrolled in Seton for the first time for Faith is kicking both of our butts. A more distractible child I have never met, and three out of four of my kids have ADD, so I know distraction when I see it. We're going to be seeing the doctor because her attention issues are definitely affecting her school work this year, and no amount of redirecting and reprimanding (or even rewards!) is working. God help me get through this year.


Anyway, this isn't a real blog post, but it's a different post anyway. I mailed away the entire baby layette on Monday (plus the quilt that grandma wanted as well). I should have taken a photo. It was an enormous amount of hand-knits, I'll tell you that. Most babies are lucky to have a hat and booties, much less four hats, four pairs of booties, four bibs, and eight sweaters. I was happy to say "bye-bye baby!" Of course, I promptly cast on a baby blanket. But this is relaxing (almost boring) knitting, and it's not pink, purple, white or ivory! And I have no deadline. Yay!



I am previewing a book for a friend, so I can't share my book, but I will share a few good flicks/series that I watched while I was knitting the layette. They are "grown-up" viewing, but not scandalous.



Monroe -- a sort of British Dr. House, but he's much nicer.



Twinsters -- a documentary about the amazing story of twins separated at birth who find each other on the internet -- the kids can watch this one



Morning Glory -- a very cute flick and if you're a Harrison Ford fan, even better


That's all for now. Join Ginny and friends for more.






10 comments:

  1. WooHoo! You have to add the label "Movie Reviews"!!

    Off to check on that Twinster movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I apologize I didn't respond here, Jamie. Blogger isn't informing me of comments. Wonder what's up with that?

      Delete
  2. Prayers for you and Faith for the school year. I just had Anna tested for dyslexia. I go back next week to talk about the results. My kids are also very distractable as well as distracting to one another!

    A friend's teenage daughter came over last night for help with knitting a baby blanket for someone. I set her up with this very pattern, since it is simple and pretty, and smaller than most so she can finish quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about the delay in responding, Jenny. Something's up with blogger -- I'll have to investigate.

      Let me know about Anna's test results. Faith is being tested for ADD. Two of the three boys have it and I'm certain Faith does. It's been manageable until this year. And looking toward high school -- HELP!

      Delete
  3. I sympathize,Barbara. It's one thing if you start with Seton from the beginning and never have switched to another program. But otherwise, it can feel overwhelming.My sister has 9 kids [so do I] and she has always done Seton...has stuck with it and her kids are doing fine. My kids would go nuts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used Seton for the boys, but starting when Faith was in first grade, I just felt it wasn't a good fit for her. But looking toward high school, I thought she needed a challenge. She sure got one! We went to the high school open house on Thursday and I was impressed. It is very different from the all-boys' school my sons attended, but in many good ways. Equal parts discussion about faith and academics, whereas the boys got mostly academics, even at a Catholic high school. I'm actually looking forward to it, though I think Faith was completely overwhelmed, having never attended school.

      Delete
  4. I'm glad to see you blogging a bit, and I will check out your movie suggestions. I'm always looking for more. I usually watch some that Jamie Jo recommends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the great movie ideas and I am so thankful you post your knitting projects...you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not so amazing, Janelle. I just prefer knitting to cleaning! ;-)

      Delete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!