Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Sunday, December 28, 2014

On the Fourth day of Christmas...


...Four Calling Birds

These Kansas City Wings were not calling anything to me, but they were definitely calling "eat me" to my family (I'm not a fan of wings, personally).




I have failed to mention, in my previous three posts, the purpose of celebrating each of the Twelve Days of Christmas with food. Like many of us, we use food to help our children learn about their faith. According to many sources, the song The Twelve Days of Christmas was used to teach the truths about our faith when they were unable to speak about it.

I have failed to mention what each of the symbols represent, but I am editing my previous three posts to note the symbolism.

The Four Calling Birds (or probably Colly bird) represent the Four Gospels, or Gospel writers.




1 comment:

  1. I'm not a fan of wings either, but my husband loves 'em.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!