Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Wednesday, March 05, 2014

A little self-deprecating humor...




...because if we can't laugh at ourselves, who can we laugh at?



The night of Ash Wednesday we had Mass followed by a church dinner. During the dinner, a young mother came to me and said she overheard two third-graders talking earlier that day in school. The little girl asked the boy what that smudge was on his forehead. He replied, "It's Ash Wednesday and those are my ashes."

"What's Ash Wednesday?" she asked.

"Oh, its when Catholics begin their diets," he replied.







3 comments:

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!