Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Sunday, January 05, 2014

Wrapping up 12 / year

I admit my utter failure at keeping up with my photo posts. I guess there was a reason I did not major in photojournalism (although that quarter my beloved and I spent together in the darkroom...learning skills, ahem...almost changed my mind). I guess I'm just not a natural at running for the camera.


Below is November and December and I am finished making year-long commitments to blogging. If you are one of the few, and entirely faithful readers who followed me in the pursuit, grab the photo and post away.




~~November~~



Winter started early in Ohio, with snow on November 12




A little angel appeared on the deck post. I think I recognize those 11-year-old fingerprints.






On Thanksgiving weekend, there was an important football game played between a team in Ohio and a team in Michigan.





Happily (for my bunch) the team in Ohio won. 






Who me? I don't watch football games!







Pretty fall flowers for Our Lady of Tenderness and the Sacred Heart of Jesus.







The kitty had a big mishap.




We nursed her back to health.




~~December~~




We rang in December with St. Nicholas Day.







Followed quickly by the Feast of the Immaculate Conception.




And then Las Posadas.
















On Christmas Eve.




Pretty Christmas girl.





That's all folks.










12 comments:

  1. What a sweet picture of your beautiful family! That girl of yours is growing up into such a lovely young lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Charlotte. Some days I'm ok with her growing, but frequently I'd like her three-year-old self back. I miss little ones. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the family photo!

    Also, thanks to Tomie DePaola, I now know about Las Posadas. We all loved the story. We read it last year for the first time. I love that there is always something more to learn about our Catholic faith!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doug looks like one of the boys in that family picture! I'm not a natural photographer, either, unlike my MIL. At her house this week, we went through stacks and stacks of photo albums to find photos of my FIL to display at the funeral. It was a lot of fun; the kids and grandkids loved looking back at the memories!

    Happy New year, sweetie. I hope it is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny, we enjoyed celebrating Las Posadas, though we didn't do it in the true Mexican tradition. But, I like celebrating the "before" since Christmas is all about after the birth. I also love the symbolism of finally letting Mary and Joseph in and welcoming the child.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sara, I really hope you're not saying I look like my husband's mother. I'll surely be getting my hair colored again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm committed to following you, Barbara! If not in daily (or even weekly) blogging, then in friendship.

    I want to hear more about sharing the darkroom with your beloved!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS. You really do need to come visit because I have two little ones, in particular, that are risk of being eaten up by their mother.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your photos, Barbara! Anna was thrilled to see one of her pen pal! But I understand about it not being natural to run for the camera. I'm the same way. Although now that I'm blogging again, it seems as if I'm thinking about it more ... I just need a better camera, as mine isn't so great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for doing this, it's a favorite amongst my family and friends since I stopped posting photos on Facebook. Will work on my November and December album once C and the girl are all better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your 12/year posts!! I've always thought that your home is so cozy and welcoming and I love getting glimpses of it. I thought I was doing so well with getting lots of pictures of the haps around here, but there are months where all I snapped were two blurry phone pics -- and I can't even tell what I was trying to capture!

    And I love that family picture. :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!