Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Thursday, November 07, 2013

It's almost that time again



It seems like November is flying by and soon we'll be at the end of the month and almost into Advent (the first Sunday of Advent is December 1). The St. Andrew novena begins November 30, on St. Andrew's feast day. Every day until Christmas Eve, the St. Andrew prayer, also called the Christmas Anticipation Prayer, is prayed 15 times. The chaplet helps keep track of the prayers, and is a lovely sacramental. It is piously believed that whoever recites the above prayer fifteen times a day from the feast of St. Andrew until Christmas will obtain what is asked. Many women pray the chaplet in hopes of a new pregnancy.






I just put three (sorry -- sold out, but I have ordered parts for six more so stay tuned!) brand new chaplets in my Etsy shop, so if you are in need of one, please pop over there. The prayer is a beautiful one, and of course can be prayed without a chaplet at all.



Hail and blessed be the hour and moment
in which the Son of God was born of the most pure Virgin Mary,
at midnight, in Bethlehem, in piercing cold.
In that hour, vouchsafe, O my God!
to hear my prayer and grant my desires,
through the merits of Our Saviour Jesus Christ,
and of His Blessed Mother. Amen.






6 comments:

  1. I just don't think you should be talking about Advent already. I know how this goes. First, somebody talks about it. Next thing you know, it's here. Talking about things makes them happen faster. No, it's best to just live in denial until it is actually upon us. Okay? Good. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reminder, I think I'm going to do it again this year....the chaplet and asking for a baby...or two...the kids want twins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love this Novena too! Praying right along with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotcha, Jennie. Mum's the word! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jamie, I do believe that prayer has to be in YOUR heart (not the kids'), but God love 'em for wanting more babies!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!