Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Friday, August 16, 2013

A new day

I can't believe it's Friday already. I completely lost track of the week, but with conditions being what they were, it doesn't surprise me.

I must thank you immensely for covering me with prayer yesterday. When I arrived for my test, I discovered that the whole mix up in schedule was because my doctor's referral person was not specific in the test she wanted and the cardiologist first scheduled me for a nuclear stress test (yes, it was scheduled for Wednesday and I was not losing my mind) and then they moved it to Thursday because it was an echo stress she wanted. I was relieved, if not because I was not losing my mind, then because the echo stress was a familiar one for me and did not require an IV nor many hours of waiting and testing. There was one phone call to the doctor requesting I be allowed to get on the treadmill rather than have my heartbeat raised chemically (I can't imagine how awful that would feel), but with permission granted the test was only about an hour and a half (rather than four for the other test). I managed to get my heartbeat up to 165 in six minutes (if that sounds like a race you are right -- it was) and that was on no food for over 18 hours.

Yesterday was also my Noah's birthday, my little Assumption baby (birth story here), who is now 17 years of age, and 6 feet, two and a half inches -- I am told the half is important. He had a great day of golf and food -- what two things could be more fun for a young man -- with his "old man." We had dinner out, and we were all starving so it really tasted good (Carrabba's if you are curious), and came home for homemade lemon meringue pie per the birthday boy's request (made, no less, during my morning of fasting --  as I have said, I am no saint. I do complain.). Noah opened his gift -- a pair of drum sticks to use on his new set of electronic drums which was stashed in the back of my van. He was pleased.

We have a busy weekend ahead with friends and family, which will be good to keep me distracted from test results which will probably not come my way for several days. In the meantime, it's a new day ,and I'm all for finding a solution, even if it means finding I might have something going on with my heart -- as long as it's treatable. If I find out it's anxiety, which my doctor, I believe thinks it is, then there is prayer.

I finished my subject and book list, wrote my letter of intent to the schools, it is stamped and waiting for the mail, I have ordered all the books we didn't already have and now I have two weeks of pleasure (Noah begins school Wednesday) before Faith and I start school. I intend to go to the movies with her, take some walks in the park, eat a few lunches out, get some new tires for an old bike, and just enjoy the last two weeks of summer.

Happy week's end.




Our Lady, dressed in red roses, for her glorious Solemnity of the Assumption.



Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary,
 that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.
Amen.




3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad the mix up worked in your favor and that you were able to raise your heart rate on the treadmill. Chemically raising it is awful, awful - like have jumper cables on your heart or something. Thank you, Septimus, for letting me know what that feels like. ;-)

    Sounds like you had a lovely birthday evening with your Assumption baby. And making a delicious pie while fasting? You are a good mama.



    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are not going crazy. (kidding) So glad you got that week over with, how about that? Birthday blessings for your son and continued prayers for you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have worry issues also. I worry worry worry...need to pray more about that too!

    Hope all goes well..thinking of you!!!!

    Happy Birthday to your son. You grow up some big boys! Mine are sorta skinny and shrimpy.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!