Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Virgin Mother of Guadalupe







Mary, Virgin of Guadalupe
                               Dark lady, you smile at me across the mountains 
The secret smile of ancient people. 
What thoughts do you send me, dark beautiful lady?  
Will you someday tell me 
when I come with great armfuls of roses 
Over the mysterious mountains to your feet?  
Dear, dark queen will you give me too   
Lovely roses in December?  
                                                                                         Anne B. Quinn


Did you know today is also National Poinsettia Day? Not coincidentally, I'm sure. You can read here about the legend of the poinsettia.

Happy Feast Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!