Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Thursday, July 05, 2012

Venerable Fulton Sheen



I heard on Tuesday that Archbishop Fulton Sheen has officially been declared Venerable (it happened last week). What I did not know until this morning, was that this sweet little boy's miracle was the miracle submitted for review for the Beatification of the archbishop. Glory be to God.

Go read this moving story.





2 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness. Thank you, thank you, for posting this, Barbara. Though I had heard of Bishop Sheen's beatification, I hadn't heard of this miraculous story. Big, sloppy tears. I really needed to read this today.

    "I had to live in the light."

    Yes. Blessed be God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't heard that was the miracle that was being investigated, but I remember reading her story last year. Fulton Sheen is so awesome.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!