Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Friday, March 09, 2012

The Young Writer's Club {2/5}



Faith was sick for several weeks in a row and did not participate in the Young Writer's Club. Then last week we were away on a trip. For that reason, she was very excited to see Jennie's topic this week and had a good time writing.

by Faith
I like going on trips. I went to Chicago last weekend. I saw a lot of wind mills on the way to Chicago. And I saw a lot of traffic. It took an hour and a half to get through the traffic and we were in Chicago. I mostly loved the American girl place. You get to see all of the American Girls and read what they’re all like. It’s really cool and there was a pool at the hotel. I liked that, too. And when it’s 4:00 at the American girl Place, every one gets to have tea with their dolls. And that was one of my favorite parts! I had a really good time at Chicago.



5 comments:

  1. That's awesome! That has always been one of my dreams to go to Chicago. Sadly, I've never been there. :(

    Joseph D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barbara,

    Faith is a good writer! Happy she enjoyed coming to Chicago. Did she mind all of the traffic? The American Girl Place is a big hit for out of town visitors and the locals. I've never been there myself but my sister has taken her girls and I've heard all about it!

    If you're interested, Jennifer from Crafolic is offering a giveaway on my blog of her new game called Journey's End. You should check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww! I can't wait until Isaiah can actually write. I wonder if he will like writing, like his Mama does? Only time will tell. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Faith! That sounds like a great trip. Did you know that we used to live near Chicago? We lived just north of the city for three years, but I hardly ever went there. Know why? Too much traffic! :-) Tea is always nice, though, and I think I would have braved a trip to American Girl Place if the girls had been interested at the same time we lived there. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My daughter Anna would love to visit the American Girl place! Even though she gets to play with her older sister's AG dolls, (Kaya and Lindsey), she still begs for her own doll on her next birthday. What do you think? Should I get her her very own American Girl doll?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!