Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Saturday, December 31, 2011

On the sixth day...




...we planned our New Year's Eve party (just a little last minute). It will just be family...brothers and their families, my mom, and aunt and uncle, but, hey, if you're in the neighborhood, stop by. You'll know our house by the fireworks being set off all night -- that's Doug's fun.

There is a variety of beer and wine in the fridge, and Brandy Slushes in the freezer (yum). The lineup for eats is all appetizers, which sounds rather paltry, but by 8 or 9 p.m. we'll need to bundle up for a walk. Every year we stand around and nibble until we can't nibble another bite.

The lineup is:



My favorite antipasto platter. Every year it's a little different, but always delicious. Tonight it will be heavy on the mushrooms, green olives and fresh mozzarella, but we'll have meats and artichokes as well.

Skyline chili dip. Maybe you know my family has a thing for Skyline Chili. It can only get better with more cheese and chips.

Sauerkraut Meatballs (shhhh...don't tell the kids they have sauerkraut in them). My mom is bringing these and she assures me that they do not taste like sauerkraut.

Angie's brand kettle corn. Everything doesn't have to be homemade. This is a nice light treat, slightly sweet. Yum.

Market District Red Pepper Hummus with pita chips -- another cheat, found in the deli at Giant Eagle. It's so yummy there's no need to go homemade on this one.

Chipped beef cheeseball served with good quality crackers. My aunt brings this to every event and it goes like wild fire. Weird I know, but I think it has something to do with the dried beef. Men love it.

And one bonus (it was supposed to be six for the sixth day), because it's so good, my brother's Spinach, Artichoke, Crab and Bacon Dip. Mmmmm.

So, I'm off, to clean and decorate, and a quick run to the store (of course). Happy, happy New Year, my friends.


9 comments:

  1. Happy blessed New year to you and your family, Barbara! I will be stopping by on-line:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you and your family, Barbara! We will be doing something similar with family and friends (in from California!). --- Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  3. New Year's blessings, Barbara! OK, I'm drooling over your menu tonight. My firefighter husband is on duty tonight so if I could stop by, I would! Just me and the kids tonight so just laying low and doing our best to count blessings. Ave Maria and peace to you in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year, Barbara!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year, Kathleen! Wishing you many blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year, Rosemary. Hope you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tiffany, you are a good wife! Happy New Year to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year, dearest Cheryl. I gave my aunt your wonderful ironing board cover last night and she said to say "thank you! "

    ReplyDelete
  9. happy New Year! Sound like it was fun!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!