Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Saturday, October 01, 2011

Don't you just love it when...



...you find someone online who you were just apparently meant to find. Yesterday morning during my coffee and blog-reading time, I noticed the giveaway at Elizabeth Foss' blog. For the second time (I think I took note the day before) I noticed the vendor who sponsored the giveaway and I clicked over to her shop. She has beautiful things -- so feminine, so shiny and sparkly. Lovely. I have a bracelet planned for my mother's Christmas gift, something with all the grandchildren's birthstone colors, but I thought a little disc with "Mimi" on it would be such a perfect addition. (My children and their cousins all call my mother Mimi. And my mother does not read my blog.) I didn't see a disc all by itself to purchase, but I decided it was worth an ask to see if the shop owner would sell me just a stamped disc.

The owner, Carol, emailed me back right away and said that she sure could make me a disc, and told me a very reasonable price. I emailed her back right away and said I would love to have her make the disc and would definitely mention her name on my blog because she offered such pretty things and if I didn't already make my own I would buy lots more (and as it is I am thinking about buying more anyway).

Anyway...long story sort of short, because my signature on my iPhone includes my blog address, Carol popped over and saw my rosaries, and decided she just really needed a Seven Sorrows Chaplet, as she had been praying and meditating without the beads. We emailed back and forth over the course of the day and of course realized the Holy Spirit was involved and I just love it when that happens.



...when you warn your kid about something and he learns the lesson right in front of you. The other day Noah and I were sitting at the kitchen table working on history -- reading and outlining the book. (I am working with him until he gets the jist of it.) He had a black pen in his hand and he was chewing the bejeebers out of the end of it. I said (quote), "Don't chew on the end of the pen like that because you'll end up with a mouthful of ink." He gave me the standard "you have no idea what you are talking about" roll of the eyes and kept right on chewing. It wasn't two minutes later he pulled the pen out of his mouth and ran to bathroom with, not quite a mouthful, but quite a bit of ink in his mouth. I just love it when that happens.




...when you have an evening to yourself and a really good movie. Last night the boys went to the usual Friday night football game, I tucked Faith in bed and grabbed the portable DVD player and some rosary makings and headed to my own bed. My movie happened to be "Saving Sarah Cain" and I really enjoyed it. It was not exactly a children's movie, but I could see that some teens would benefit from watching it. If all movies could be so good/clean/meaningful. I just love it when that happens.



...when a great feast day and a great month fall on the same day. Happy Feast of St. Therese of Lisieux and Happy October! This wonderful film about St. Therese is available to watch instantly.


Happy day!


1 comment:

  1. I think Middle Sister and I are going to have to sit down with her history stuff, because she is just not getting it at school. Big Brother's girlfriend (a history-ed major) looked at Middle Sister's notebook yesterday and said she has good notes. Something is just not getting through, though. The plan is that tomorrow she will ask her teacher to advise her on how she can study more effectively.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!