Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Thursday, September 08, 2011

The Nativity of the Blessed Mother


I am a little late getting to this birthday party, but here nevertheless. I so enjoyed this quote from today's Magnificat meditation.

"Mary’s is a birthday to remember because the answer to our sorrow, misery, malice, loneliness, inability, and strife is to be born of Mary.  When Mary is born, says St. Andrew of Crete (740), 'we are led toward the truth, and we are led away from our condition of slavery…How can this be?  Darkness yields before the coming of the light.'"

I hope you had a glorious feast day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!