Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Monday, August 15, 2011

A Golden Day

.
Today is a golden day. A keeper, if one could keep a day.

The Solemnity of the Assumption of the Blessed Mother and the birthday of my third child, my third son. The fifteenth year on the fifteenth day.

I started the day with Mass, with just my beloved, home from work today. I don't think we've been to Mass just the two of us since we had our first child almost 22 years ago. In his homily, Father instructed us to take our troubles to Mary, she who held the mysteries of her life in her heart. There was much she did not understand, but she didn't complain, or question, she just held them in her heart. We can take our own mysteries, those things that trouble us and we can not solve, to Mary, and she will help us cope until Our Heavenly Father shows us the way, gives us the answers we await.

I have shared here before a beautiful memory, one I hope does not fade with age (hey, I have it after 15 years -- that's good) of lying in my hospital bed in the light of the morning after my son was born in the dark just a few hours prior. My room had windows overlooking the atrium of the hospital where the Solemnity Mass was being held. I opened the windows to listen as the readings and the music for Our Mother Mary floated up, and gazed at the sweet sleeping face of my newborn son.

Every day is not a birthday party, in fact they are few and far between especially with this teenage son, but as Our Mother taught us, I will hold these things in my heart until I see what Our Father has in store.


An instagram of happy boy playing Wii baseball on the vigil of his golden day and this glorious feast.



And Mary said, "My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, for He has regarded the low estate of his handmaiden. For behold, henceforth all generations will call me blessed; for He who is mighty has done great things for me, and holy is His name. And His mercy is on those who fear Him from generation to generation. He has shown strength with His arm, He has scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts, He has put down the mighty from their thrones, and exalted those of low degree; He has filled the hungry with good things, and the rich He has sent empty away. He has helped His servant Israel, in remembrance of His mercy, as He spoke to our fathers, to Abraham and to His posterity for ever." And Mary remained with her about three months, and returned to her home.
Luke 1:46-56


,

9 comments:

  1. A lovely golden day, indeed. Happy birthday, Happy Feast Day to all! Enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post! Blessings to you and your birthday boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a birthday boy here, as well! Though it won't be golden until next year.

    Prayers for you & your handsome young man. Jeremiah 29:11, Barbara! "For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. Plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope."

    LOVE that one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to your sweet young man! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved your post, love your beautiful, precious son, love your beloved, love you. That's a lot of love on this lovely Feast !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blessings to the Birthday Boy, and Happy Feast Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful post! Wow..what a beautiful imagine I have of you with a newborn being able to look at an atrium where the Mass is being celebrated. What a great hospital!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was his Champagne Birthday! Hope he had a happy day.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!