Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Cupcakes for a Little Cupcake Shower

.

Charlotte is expecting. Maybe you heard. ;-) And her family is calling their little darling "Cupcake," which I think is very sweet and very apropros. After all, what is a cupcake except a tiny bundle of yummy sweetness? Yup. Just like a baby.

Because I'm such a cupcake lover I knew I had to play along when Jessica posted news about a Cupcake Decorating Contest at the Virtual Baby Shower. But when I tried to think up something cute I just kept coming back to cupcake... cupcake... cupcake. Hmmm.




So cupcake it is...Cupcake themed Cupcakes (I wonder how many times I can type the word cupcake in one post). I made cupcake lollies with white and milk chocolate and popped them into the yummy vanilla cupcakes. Creative they really are not, but cute? I sheepishly admit they are -- all creamy and pink and sweet, just like a baby. And I don't mess around with cupcakes -- the best thing about these is the flavor, which I really wish I could share with my dear friend, Charlotte (Vanilla cupcake with Vanilla Buttercream frosting, dear C.).

If you haven't been to Jessica's blog to vote on the cutest cupcake or to decide which baby face belongs to which Catholic Cuisine contributor please go. (Did you find me? I'll give you a hint -- I'm old enough that my picture is black and white...and the picture was taken on my first birthday... in June...outdoors...big enough hint?) You'll find door prizes and a baby pool, and lots and lots of love.

God bless that little cupcake, Charlotte. We can't wait to meet her!


.
.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, Barbara! Those really do look scrumptious! I think if there were a dictionary with pictures for every word, that your cupcakes would be next to the word "scrumptious". :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh!! They turned out so perfectly beautiful!! I love them, especially the candy cupcakes on top!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are cute, cute, CUTE!

    Now if only my oven weren't broken, I could be baking cupcakes for Charlotte too.

    (Not that they would be this cute.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS. I guessed your baby pic. WITHOUT the hint. Pretty good, no?!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!