Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Friday, June 10, 2011

23/52

.



52 weeks of daily life in pictures: trials and celebrations, 
the extraordinary and mundane -- 
whatever is unique to the week. 
Join me if you like.


This has been a catch up week for me, after spending so much time last week getting ready for our grad's party. A few pics of the pre-party set up (the dessert table -- my favorite part!). And my new grad.







The candy "bar" -- every one's favorite stop



And the famous bubble gum jar


A new purchase -- his very own
Below you'll find a linky list because so many lovely women decided to join me in my 52 Weeks project. There are no rules (except the two below) -- if you want to start your 52 Weeks this week, go for it! I will keep the links up until next Wednesday, so you have almost a week to do it.



(1) Make sure you copy and paste the URL of your 52 Weeks blog post ( and not your main blog URL). You could also use of Flickr photo page if that's how you do things.
(2) Include a link back here in your blog post or flickr photo page.


6 comments:

  1. The candy "bar" looks very fun!! My kids would be in heaven with all those desserts =)

    Hope your week has been relaxing, after all of the parties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to the Graduate! What a wonderful mom for creating such an aged "friendly" (read; yummy!) party. I would have pocketed the bubble gum too. I'm always being caught blowing bubbles. :) Good job Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candy bar is a very cool idea. Might steal that idea in three short (sniff) years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really really really would love a chocolate cupcake.

    I'm going to go make some. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM!! Are those jars from old yankee candles? If so...how do you ever get all the wax out??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah,
    The candy "bar" is a regular at our parties. For this party I went with red candy, for the grad's school colors. Sometimes it's the special person's favorite candy. It's always a favorite thing.

    Renee,
    I can see you blowing bubbles! The bubble gum was a hit with all the kids -- big and little. ;-)

    Christine -- enjoy those short years!

    Sarah,
    I hope you got your chocolate cupcake. I'll post the recipe on my food blog.

    Elisa,
    They are glass canisters that I got at World Market -- there are several sizes and I use them to store pasta, rice beans and such on my pantry shelves.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!