Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Sunday, February 27, 2011

Daybook...the flu version


 Outside my window... 
...gray skies. It's late Sunday afternoon/evening as I begin to type and it is gray, the skies look oppressive, but it's not really very cold. It's supposed to rain, or storm, or something later.



I am thinking...
...about how nuts I must be to be sitting here blogging with the flu. At least I think it's the flu. Faith and Noah had it: sore throats, deep coughs, high fever, headaches, aches. Sounds like flu to me. They woke up this morning fever-free and I had a sore throat. Nothing like knowing what's coming. My temp went from a baseline 97.4 (normal for me) this morning to high 99s this afternoon. The cough hurts -- it's very deep and catches me by surprise. The only thing I can say about sitting here blogging is I actually got tired of knitting and my head hurts too badly to read a book. I've been sick for less than a day and I'm bored.


I am thankful for...
...hot tea and clementine oranges.


From the lesson plans...
...there are lesson plans, but I'm not certain who is teaching. Maybe online Latin drills and Timez Attack tomorrow.


From the kitchen...
...Saturday night pizza. I got off the sofa for long enough to make dough, sauce and root beer syrup. That was pretty good.


I am wearing...
...navy blue knit pants, a navy blue and white turtle neck and slippers. Very glam.

I am creating...
...a hat for Noah and a set of wedding rosaries. I am really pleased with the pieces we picked out (the woman who contracted them and I) and I think it is an incredibly generous and beautiful gift. I'll have pics at the end of the week. I think you'll like them -- classic black and white and silver.


I am reading...
... Everything is Grace by Joseph Schmidt, FSC, which I read in the early morning, and The Rite, which is good, but I just haven't been good about picking it up.


I am hoping...
...to have a really short-lasting flu.


I am hearing...
...Ohio State vs Indiana b-ball game. Ohio State is up by quite a bit at the beginning of the second half. Joshua and his girlfriend are at the game -- she took him for his birthday and they were very excited to go. He turned 19 and it's his first Ohio State basketball game. I am ashamed. ;-)


Around the house...
...laundry being done very slowly and dusty furniture. At least the bathrooms are clean.


I am going...
...absolutely no where. I really need to go to the post office, but I'll have to beg my husband tomorrow.


One of my favorite things...
...nothing scheduled when I need for nothing to be scheduled.




I am praying for...
...my children, my husband, my niece, several priests and soldiers, all of the babies whose mothers are contemplating abortion this week.



A few plans for the rest of the week...
...the feast of St. David on Tuesday, for which I will hopefully feel will enough to cook, because we've never celebrated St. David's day even though my husband is part Welsh.


Thought for the day...
...from Mother Teresa, because this issue is still on my mind (and my bumper sticker is in the mail)

"I feel that the greatest destroyer of peace today is abortion, because it is a war against the child - a direct killing of the innocent child - murder by the mother herself. And if we accept that a mother can kill even her own child, how can we tell other people not to kill one another? How do we persuade a woman not to have an abortion? As always, we must persuade her with love, and we remind ourselves that love means to be willing to give until it hurts. Jesus gave even his life to love us. So the mother who is thinking of abortion, should be helped to love - that is, to give until it hurts her plans, or her free time, to respect the life of her child. The father of that child, whoever he is, must also give until it hurts. By abortion, the mother does not learn to love, but kills even her own child to solve her problems. And by abortion, the father is told that he does not have to take any responsibility at all for the child he has brought into the world. That father is likely to put other women into the same trouble. So abortion just leads to more abortion. Any country that accepts abortion is not teaching the people to love, but to use any violence to get what they want. That is why the greatest destroyer of love and peace is abortion."

.

9 comments:

  1. Ahhh, hoping it's short lasting too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm sorry you're feeling sick. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope and pray you feel much better very soon. I have had an awful sinus condition for the past three weeks...off and on...I wish it would just hurry and dry up completely. And I pray when Rosebud arrives tomorrow morning that she is well..because she gave me this condition and she has had it about 4 weeks. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry you're sick; the flu is awful, and i think adults aren't as good at handling the fevers. I hope it doesn't go higher!

    Prayed for you (and your niece) in my rosary today. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for you and Rachel. Sending you virtual chicken soup, since I don't live next door and can't bring you the real thing. :) Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are one tough cookie..sick and blogging!

    Get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you are feeling better soon! The flu is dreadful. Looking forward to seeing your wedding set - it's such a privilege to create such a beautiful gift to bless a new marriage!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!