Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Monday, November 22, 2010

Thanksgiving Daybook

y children mostly.

Outside my window...
...very windy, unseasonably warm, not at all like Thanksgiving, but I heard it will be chilly by Thursday.


I am thinking...
...about lists. At this point my lists have lists. I don't know why I ever let my husband talk me into a huge party two days after Thanksgiving.


I am thankful for...
...the grocery store, and that I am not dependent upon growing my own food like the pilgrims, two refrigerators and freezers, zipper bags, aluminum foil, and disposable plastic containers. That's an odd thankful list, isn't it?


From the lesson plans...
... some Thanksgiving word puzzles and coloring sheets and that's about it. The younger kids are off this week, Joshua has school today and tomorrow, and Geoff has all his classes through Wednesday.


From the kitchen...
...prep, prep and more prep. I baked desserts this weekend, most of which were to freeze for the party, except Doug's birthday cake. I have done a lot of prep work for Thanksgiving -- even diced up my celery and onion and froze it. I love Thanksgiving, but it sure is a lot of work.


I am wearing...
...still in my ivory flannel nightgown and robe. I don't want to start making noise upstairs because the silence is so precious (thankful for silence!).



I am creating...
...rosaries, rosaries, rosaries. Yesterday I individually bagged up the parts for all of the rosaries I have in the works so all the parts for each would be together in a small zipper bag (thankful for zipper bags!). I think I have about 15 small zipper bags, which means about 15 rosaries to create. I won't have idle hands for a while.




I am reading...
...True Devotion to Mary is all that I have time for this week.


 
I am hoping...
... that my body holds up this week -- mostly my feet.



I am hearing...
...absolutely nothing. Blessed silence.



Around the house...
...laundry, and cleaning. I have all my carpets cleaned, but today I need to clean the family room sofas. I purchased a carpet cleaner and it is one of the best investments we have ever made. I love it! After all the cleaning I focus on the tables -- my favorite part.


I am going...
...to make a run to the bead store and then we have special dinner plans. It will be a nice break from cooking and cleaning.



One of my favorite things...
...Thanksgiving. I love that the only expectation we have is to be together -- no gifts, just love.
 


I am praying for...
...mostly for my children, and my true devotion to Jesus through Mary.


A few plans for the rest of the week...
...Adoration and my True Devotion class Wednesday evening. Even though Wednesday evening before Thanksgiving is usually crazy nuts, and with a party on Saturday on top of it, I wouldn't miss my class for anything.

Thursday is, of course, Thanksgiving and we'll have 16 for dinner. 
On Saturday -- a big 25/50 party -- 25 years of wedded bliss ;-) and Doug's 50th birthday party. Big, big! We'll be with lots of friends and family -- say a prayer everyone gets fed adequately (can you tell that I'm a little worried about the food?).



A picture thought...
...three of my goofy kids and my 50-year-old husband!



.

3 comments:

  1. Busy! Busy! I have a lot to do, too. All Today. And I'm on the computer reading blogs and listening to music! Have a lovely week, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the silence. We know why it's called "golden", don't we? ;)
    Many blessings for you and yours to have and enjoy one another on Thanksgiving and always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Especially at this time of the year, I'm right there with you on that thankful list, Barbara!

    Loved your fun picture, and since you asked, I'll say a prayer, but we already know that the food will be fabulous and plentiful (because every one of your recipes that I've made has been). Have a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!