Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Friday, October 08, 2010

Seven Quick Takes

.
The It's a Good Thing version (a la Martha, as much as I dislike that she coined that phrase)

~1~

I started a new knitting project this week. It, unfortunately, is one I can't do in the car -- it's a hat on dpns and losing stitches off one end or the other in not a good thing -- but it's great to work on at the school table . I can also work on it in the doctor's office, and having waited at the hospital for nearly an hour yesterday to have (um, 12 vials!) blood drawn, I was really glad to have my knitting. It's a good thing.



~2~

Another good thing to have in your bag at the doctor's office is this sweet little coloring book. Faith was with me yesterday and she never grew tired of coloring these sweet pictures. My mother-in-law brought it for her on Sunday and I think she has most of it colored already. Though the images are simple enough for littles, they are detailed enough for an eight year old. It's a good thing.


~3~

And speaking of doctor's offices, which I usually try to avoid because of the germs involved in just walking through the door, my husband brought me a little gift this week that comes in handy after opening doors and pressing elevator buttons in big medical buildings. He picked up a couple of little bottles of hand sanitizer gel at Target that come with the little clip. I had it clipped inside my purse yesterday and it came in very handy. I know it's just hand sanitizer, but can you ever have too many of those this time of year? It's a good thing.




~4~

And if you need large quantities of hand sanitizer gel, or soap, or laundry detergent, I highly recommend alice.com. Do you use alice? When I grocery shop my cart is usually pretty full without the addition of laundry soap and bleach, so I really like that alice ships for free and the Brown man drops it off right at the door. I think the prices are fairly competitive (at least to my local grocery stores) and I don't have to shlep.They are also pretty good about giving you "store" credit if you have a problem, and they send free samples occasionally. It's a good thing.




~5~

Listening to my daughter get used to speaking with braces this week has been quite amusing (although admittedly she might not think so). Directions in her English assignment went from "Print the synonyms in the blanks" to the version that I heard "Put the cinnamon in the bank." We both got a good giggle out of that. It's a good thing.

PS She is doing much better today -- the pain is almost gone.



~6~

We have a doggy that loves to play football. She fetches punts and goes long for a pass. It's most amusing, and great for a boy who is alone with two girls most of the day. It's a good thing.



~7~

Pumpkin Upside Down Cake is a must for a glorious October weekend (though we'll be enjoying this dessert this weekend because we already enjoyed the Pumpkin Upside Down Cake this week). It's a good thing.



Enjoy each and every moment of this weekend. Praise God in all you do.

Edited to add: Go Reds!


For more Quick Takes go to Conversion Diary.

.

2 comments:

  1. That was a good post indeed! :) have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your takes!

    They are all good things.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!