Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Monday, June 21, 2010

Monday Daybook -- Summer's Hot Edition

.

Outside my window...
it's hot already this morning. Fortunately the humidity is down and the laundry will dry on the lines, but it's hot. Tonight's softball game may be really miserable.

I am thinking...about a break. We're wrapping up school this week if it kills me (and the kids). I am feeling the need for some days with very little structure, which is very unlike me. But as the children get older, I find unstructured days are very manageable.

I am thankful for...pedicures. On Saturday I had a real princess day -- lunch out with a girlfriend, and a nice, long pedicure.

From the learning rooms...the end is in sight. But I'm already thinking about next year.

From the kitchen...Barbecue Beef sandwiches, cabbage slaw and ice cold watermelon for dinner before Faith's ball game

I am wearing...a summer nightgown and white terry slippers -- the lazy days of summer have crept in while we weren't looking.

I am creating...a couple of rosaries -- one like this one, and one like this one, and I just finished a black onyx rosary with chalice Our Father beads -- very nice, I have to post the photos. I also have a quilt going for sitting at the ball field, and a couple of pillowcase nightgowns for Faith.

I am reading... Winter Garden on playaway, and I have a long list of summer reads waiting.

I am hoping...to keep the kids really busy this summer -- with chores, if nothing else. They tend to get so lazy, all they want to do is play games or watch movies. They are going to learn how to do lots of house work this summer.

I am hearing...Bear in the Big Blue House. Faith is have a regressive moment. She was digging through some old VHS movies and found this one that she wanted to watch.

Around the house...Paint chips on three walls. I move them from one wall to another, from shadow, into light, back to shadow. It amazes me how one color can look so different in the blue morning light, in the bright gold afternoon light and in the golden evening. I guess I'm really not so surprised since the light changes so much, but it's hard to pick the right color.

One of my favorite things...lemon blueberry scones for breakfast. Mmm. They are leftovers from Father's Day breakfast...good for me!

A few plans for the rest of the week...softball games, Home Depot to buy lots and lots of paint, and possibly a trip to the doctor for college boy who seems to have pink eye (for the first time in his life).

A picture thought... or a few from the weekend.

Faith is playing so well -- she had lots of hits this weekend.

Playing at catcher. She says she doesn't mind but she moves like she's wearing cement boots. Not much hope for catching a pop foul or tagging a runner at home!


Blackberry Pie -- Doug's pick for Father's Day.


Lemon Blueberry Scones and Mountain Dew Cake with fresh fruit -- both recipes I'll post on my food blog this week.





Black onyx rosary, and I love this crucifix -- so simple.


So many colors. I've decided on the third darkest green (there on the left) called Grass Cloth for the front hall, and Custard Cream for the kitchen (almost the same color it is now), and Applesauce Cake (one of the medium dark tans) for the living room and dining room. I'm replacing red in the hall and a gray green in the living room and dining room, so drastic changes are ahead!


.

1 comment:

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!