Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Monday, May 03, 2010

O Beautiful Mother, pray for us

.




BELLINI, Giovanni
Madonna and Child
1480-90



This song has a special place in my heart as it was played during our wedding Mass as I placed flowers at the altar of Our Blessed Mother. The words are a beautiful prayer, traditionally used for May Crowning. Click the arrow to play the song below.



On this day, O beautiful Mother,
On this day we give thee our love.
Near the, Madonna, fondly we hover,
Trusting thy gentle care to prove.

On this day we ask to share,
Dearest Mother, thy sweet care;
Aid us ere our feet astray
Waner from thy guiding way.

Queen of angels, deign to hear
Lisping children's humble prayer;
Young hearts gain, O virgin pure,
Sweetly to thyself allure.

Rose of Sharon, Lovely flow'r,
Beauteous bud of eden's bow'r;
Cherished lily of the vale,
Virgin Mother' Queen we hail.

In vain the flow'rs of love we bring,
In vain sweet music's note we sing,
If contrite heart and lowly prayer,
Guide not our gifts to thy bright sphere.

Fast our days of life we run,
Soon the night of death will come;
Tower of strength in that dread hour,
Come with all thy gentle power.






Today is the first day of the Novena to Our Lady of Fatima. Join me in prayer,will you? Pray for our Church, for our religious, for our country.

Novena to Our Lady of Fatima
First Day, May 4, last day May 12

Most Holy Virgin, who has deigned to come to Fatima to reveal to the three little shepherds the treasures of graces hidden in the recitation of the Rosary, inspire our hearts with a sincere love of this devotion, so that by meditating on the mysteries of our redemption that are recalled in it, we may gather the fruits and obtain the conversion of sinners, the conversion of Russia, and this favor that I so earnestly seek.... (State your request here...) which I ask of you in this novena, for the greater glory of God, for your own honor, and for the good of all people. Amen, Recite the following prayers... 3 Our Father... 3 Hail Marys... 3 Glory Be...


.

1 comment:

  1. I only hope to stay on the task of this novena! I have the toughest time with them because I lose track of the days! You will keep me on track by posting it. Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!