Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Sunday, April 11, 2010

His Mercy is Great

.



O My God

When I look into the future, I am frightened,

But why plunge into the future?

Only the present moment is precious to me,

As the future may never enter my soul at all.

It is no longer in my power to change, correct or add to the past;

For neither sages nor prophets could do that.

And so, what the past has embraced I must entrust to God.

O present moment, you belong to me, whole and entire.

I desire to use you as best I can.

And although I am weak and small,

God grant me the grace of Your omnipotence.

And so, trusting in Your mercy,

I walk through life like a little child,

Offering You each day my heart

Burning with love for Your greater glory.

Amen.


Divine Mercy in My Soul -- St. Faustina Kowalska


.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you. You make a difference in my life with your thoughtful posts.

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jody,
    You are welcome. And thank you. You have a beautiful family and a lovely blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like that picture. Where did you find it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stina, I saw it at Catholic Answers.com. I did not find much info about it however. I like it too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found the picture!!! We happened to go into a store on our way home from Texas and there it was! Of course, I bought it. I was thinking of you the whole time. When I got home, I tried to see if it was on the store's website, but it wasn't. However, I have found it at Aquinas and More! Just thought I would pass on the info to you.

    I hope your summer is off to a good start!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!