Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Monday, March 01, 2010

Eveningbook

.
Outside my window...it's dark -- evening -- and cold. Today was a gray, gray, gray Ohio day and tonight it's bone-chilling cold. I think it's supposed to get warmer later in the week. Pleeease?

I am thinking...about the last corporal work of mercy: bury the dead. Today we traveled long distance to bid goodbye to Uncle Tom Basti. How easy it would have been to stay home, but we are called by Our Lord to bury the dead. Not just in the pragmatic manner of physical burial, but in the deeper, more meaningful sense of sending our loved ones on to their eternal life.

I am thankful for...an evening with nothing to do except relax.

From the learning rooms...we're switching some gears this quarter and I think it's a needed kick in the pants. In seventh grade we'll be starting All Ye Lands, a good continuation of the world geography we've been doing. I'm looking to switch some seventh grade science, as well -- still making decisions.

From the kitchen...looking toward tomorrow -- a dinner of Ham and Veggie pasta and homemade bread.

I am wearing...navy knit pants and a turtleneck. It feels good to be out of pantyhose and heels.

I am creating...twine rosaries. I'm up to 33 rosaries -- got quite a few made in the car today.

I am reading...Teacher Man. (Barb, no need to read 'Tis first.)
Link
I am hoping...for spring. Too much to ask?

I am hearing...the kids playing Mario Galaxy. I'm about to send them packing so I can have some quiet.

Around the house...laundry, ironing, sweeping up dog hair -- same old, same old.

One of my favorite things...a new month. Happy March!

A few plans for the rest of the week...plans to get to a fabric store to buy fabric for a First Holy Communion dress; making plans for a Confirmation celebration in two weeks; friends over for dinner this weekend.

A lingering thought...in memory of Uncle Tom, who was a truly good man.

When death comes, and we stand before God, no king can command Him, no authority can restrain Him, no riches can hire Him to wait past his appointed time even one moment of an hour. Therefore let us speak what we are bound to speak and do the deeds we are called to do. No empty time is allowed to any of us. -- Saint Thomas More


.

2 comments:

  1. AS they say in the Secret Garden, "Winter's on the Wing..." we'll have spring soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This year wins for Weirdest Winter Ever! Laundry on the line today, chance of snow tonight. What gives?

    Thanks for the heads-up on "Teacher Man." :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!