Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Thursday, December 24, 2009

The stockings were hung

.

The calm before the storm. The cookies are baked, packages are wrapped, the house is (mostly) clean. Today we cook for a crowd, which arrives after their afternoon Mass. Tomorrow we attend Mass in the morning and celebrate all day, afterward.

A few pictures of the house all decorated:


This nativity always graces the dining room table. I love its sweetness.








And a few of the handmade gifts I am giving -- there weren't many this year; a goal for next. There were a few more that I didn't get pictures of or the recipient is a reader.


A cozy for a coffee shop cup, with a gift card inside the cup.



A hat even a teen would love. My nephew is saving for a guitar and wanted cash, but his aunt can't just give cash. I'm excited to see what he thinks of his pompom.



A St. Andrew chaplet for my mother-in-law's birthday on December 22.


The gang is slowly rising and I must get to work. Happy Christmas Eve. Jesus is almost here.

.
.

6 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful home! Merry Christmas, Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely decorations and such creative and beautiful gifts! Merry Christmas, Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the coffee cozy. They have been selling those at a local coffee shop, and I thought to myself, I probably could learn to make those ... I like how you put it around a cup and included a gift card. Very fun!

    Happy Christmas Eve, Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea for a teen who really just wants cash! You're awesome.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the pom pom and the stocking (can you guess which stocking? :)
    truly awesome pom pom idea. love love love it!
    merry christmas
    r

    ReplyDelete
  6. All wonderful gifts, definitely! I love the creative tango (dance) used.

    Lovely home, too.

    Merry Christmas and God's richest blessings upon you and yours.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!