Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Monday, December 21, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook

.
...or Eveningbook, as the case may be.


Outside my window...
almost dark. A light layer of snow on the ground -- I call it perfect snow, as it coats the lawn and the trees, but the roads are clear. Sadly, it will warm up during the week and likely the snow will be gone by Christmas.

I am thinking...about everything! Inside my head is a cacophony of thoughts -- all thing to do.

I am thankful for...two more days of busy time.

From the learning rooms... learning patience, and kindness toward siblings.

From the kitchen...Chicken Sliders and Sweet Potato fries for dinner (should be starting now). Hopefully at least one batch of Christmas cookies tonight.

I am wearing...blue jeans, navy and white striped turtleneck, and black suede Mary Janes.

I am creating...a St. Andrew chaplet, some special necklaces, and wrapping gifts.

I am going...hopefully nowhere.

I am reading...nativity books with Peach.

I am hoping... to bake tonight and tomorrow and then sit back and take inventory of what still needs to be done. Hopefully I will find it's not as much as it feels.

I am hearing...the dog scratching in her crate, and Peach whining in the other room. I think we've had too much activity the last few days. Her first performance of the Nutcracker yesterday was fun, and dinner with her Mimi and mommy afterward was fun, but maybe too much attention.

Around the house...laundry, cleaning, picking up -- a lot!

One of my favorite things...Christmas movies--hopefully the Nativity Story tonight.

A few plans for the rest of the week: cooking, cleaning, wrapping, and Confession, Adoration and Benediction on Wednesday night -- what better preparation for Christmas?


A lingering thought...from the Gospel on Sunday, one of my favorites:

“And how does this happen to me,
that the mother of my Lord should come to me?
For at the moment the sound of your greeting reached my ears,
the infant in my womb leaped for joy.
Blessed are you who believed
that what was spoken to you by the Lord would be fulfilled.” Lk 1 -43-45

.

4 comments:

  1. I love Christmas movies, too! And I look forward to going to Confession and Mass on Wednesday morning. I can't wait. It'll be my final preparation before Christmas.

    Oh, and I enjoyed seeing your Christmas decorations (from the last post). It's like getting a sneak-peek into your home ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like "Nativity Story" too. May you have a Blessed and Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Confession for us all tomorrow. So necessary, and so welcomed.
    :)

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the sound of evening book, barb. it sounds so peaceful.

    wishing a very blessed Christmas to you and yours.

    xo.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!