Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Friday, December 25, 2009

On the first day of Christmas...

.

Dinner was finished a few hours ago. The china is washed, dried, and lined up like good soldiers waiting to be put away. The linens are in the wash, and I'm in my nightgown. All the gifts have been opened and every one is pretty happy. If not restful, the day was (relatively) peaceful and definitely joyous. It feels as though it started days ago, doesn't it? I think I'll curl up on the couch and find a good movie -- one of those Christmas movies we DVRd weeks ago when most everyone else was starting their celebrations.


After -- much different than before.



And that leaves me with my first installment of the Twelve Days of Christmas.

On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...


A shiny new microwave oven.



It's not very romantic, but it sure is pertty. My husband said he would never buy me appliances for Christmas, but I forgive him.

Merry Christmas!


.

3 comments:

  1. I want your stove. Nice microwave too!!!!!! Tell him he dun'good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! I made Rob promise to buy me appliances after he refused on the grounds that they were not romantic enough. I maintain that new appliances can be mighty romantic -- especially if I have to use them every day! :)

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!