Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Tuesday, December 29, 2009

On the fifth day of Christmas...

...I am saving the five minutes that I would spend typing a blog post for my family. Tonight we attended the funeral Mass of Doug's young cousin Jimmy. I've written about him a few times, most memorably (for me) here.

Jimmy was diagnosed with brain cancer over three years ago, and he battled every single day since then, no remission, no break for a even minute. And his mother, Ruthie, my oldest son's Godmother, was with him every single step of the way. She was such a champion for him. She touched him, and listened to him, and fought for him, and prayed. I hope that I am half such a mother.

Spend an extra five minutes with your kids every day. Touch them, and listen to them, and pray for them.

God bless.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your family's loss. Brain cancer is a horror, no doubt. What a long struggle he had. God rest his soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, I'm so sorry. You and your family is in our prayers.

    Lately, I've been so very thankful for our health...it's so easy to take for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara, I am so sorry for your family's loss. May God give all of you comfort and strength.

    Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear of your family's loss, Barbara. I'll keep you all in my prayers. May he be granted eternal rest in the Lord . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry to read of your family's loss. With prayers for all of you, and for the repose of his soul!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!