Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Monday, November 16, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

.

FOR TODAY
November 16, 2009

Outside my window...it's dark and gray even though it should be light. It's a lovely, cloudy November day.

I am thinking...about my sweetheart -- today is our 24th wedding anniversary.

I am thankful for...all that we have with each other, that God has so lovingly provided.

From the learning rooms...in our world geography lesson we are learning about Hungary this week and I need to gather together our information. I admit I know very little about Hungary.

From the kitchen...Oatmeal Raisin Scones just out of the oven for St. Margaret of Scotland's feast day. For this reason I am grateful that I plan my menus, because on a Monday morning, it would be cold cereal without a plan. There is also some fresh, homemade yogurt in the refrigerator. More on that later at the food blog.

I am wearing... khaki trousers and a blouse -- my uniform. Our Lady of Guadalupe earrings.

I am creating...a shawl on my knitting needles and a pillowcase in embroidery hoops, neither going particularly quickly.

I am going... to the G/I doc today -- making all the rounds these days.

I am reading...Betsy Tacy (Heaven to Betsy) and thoroughly enjoying it. Where has Betsy been all my life? Thank you, Sara.

I am hoping... for 24 more years.

I am hearing...Maggie working on a chewy in the front hall. She probably needs to go potty (when doesn't she need to go potty?).

Link Around the house...laundry and ironing. It's never ending. But I do have a new Cheryl Matis ironing board cover today -- lovely incentive.

One of my favorite things... reservations for dinner. My sweetheart surprised me, but he won't tell where.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Feast of St. Elizabeth of Hungary tomorrow and a lovely crown cake on the menu.
Doug's 49th birthday on Friday. Next year we'll celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary and Doug's 50th in the same week. I think I better start planning the party!

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
a vase of flowers my mother-in-law sent me home with last night. They remind of the flowers I carried in my bouquet, 24 years ago...



and a link to pictures from that day.




For more Daybooks, stop by Peggy's.



.

18 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary, Barbara! Sending my prayers for many more happy, healthy years together.

    And thanks for the reminder about scones for St. Margaret's feast day-- considering my hubby is 100% Scottish, I should get on the stick and make some! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary Barbara! May God grant you many more happy years together!
    Norman and I will celebrate 17 years this coming Saturday:~)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy blessed Anniversary Barbara!! I hope you have a nice evening tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary - and many many more! Happy Birthday to your hubs, too! That cake is yummy (and easy to make)!! Love the picture thought. My mood improved one hundred fold coming by here. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Happy Anniversary and may you have many more together! I love your list. Please wish your husband a happy birthday from us too. May God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy anniversary! Lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary! Here's to many, many more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary, dear Barb...and thank you for sharing a peek into your busy day! Blessings throughout the week...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary to you. Thank you for sharing your reflections.

    ReplyDelete
  10. happy happy happy anniversary!!
    r

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy 24th Anniversary, Barbara! I hope you have a wonderful day with your husband. And thanks for the links to the wedding-day photos. They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy, Happy Anniversary Barbara and Husband!! Wishing you many, many more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wishing you a happy anniversary. So I have to ask, since nobody else did, where did you dine? :-) Your dear MIL brightened my mood with those beautiful flowers!! Lovely wedding photos, Barbara, thanks for sharing them. May God bless you two with AT LEAST another 24 years.....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Anniversary! Hope you will keep letting us peek thorugh your blog "window" at the special days, especially since 2010 will be your Golden Anniversary! Prayers for all good things --- Rosemary in Missouri

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you all for your lovely well wishes!

    Lori, we dined at McCormick and Schmicks, a high-end seafood spot to which I had never been. We shared a lovely appetizer of Coconut Shrimp with horseradish marmalade and tropical fruit salsa and a salad of baby greens with white balsamic vinaigrette, blue cheese crumbles and sweet glazed walnuts. And for dinner I enjoyed Atlantic salmon stuffed with blue crab, bay shrimp and Brie cheese, roasted with a lemon butter sauce, mashed potatoes and perfectly steamed green beans and carrots. I was stuffed beyond belief and completely relaxed when we left the restaurant and we came home to complete chaos -- the dog had just peed on the carpet and the kids were arguing about whose fault it was. My mom stayed with them and she flew out of the house to go home as soon as she could -- who could blame her? Well, at least it was a couple hours of peace!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Late to the party (comme toujours) but no less the lacking in love. Prayers for you & your handsome hu'band and gratitude for the faithful, joyful witness that is your marriage.

    Happy Anniversary Week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. i am late too.
    came by here yesterday and wanted to wish you well, but i had to get off.
    so here i am.
    wishing you well.
    and hoping the two of you will have many more good ones.
    the description of all that yummy food is making me HUNGRY!
    sounds like you had a feast!
    God bless you barb.
    and have a lovely rest of the week.

    ps. i write "codes" for my passwords in my journal just in case i might forget.
    my computer is password protected to log in and the word is no boyz.
    they go crazy trying to figure it out.
    if they only knew....
    :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!