Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Monday, November 09, 2009

Monday Regroup

.

It seems every time I blog about my joy at the prospect of an uneventful weekend ahead, I get eventful in a not-so-good way. Nothing extreme, just not what I expected. I imagine that's the last you'll hear from me about uneventful weekends ahead. Mum's the word.

Instead of unpleasant details, I'll focus on the bright side, the blessings you might say, and a few pics.

A victory for the boys (the fans and the players) and a Buckeye victory fire for father and daughter.




A little girl who felt well enough to have a doggy dance recital.




A few colors left, and a gray day, my favorite kind in the fall.



This Monday I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving, not too far down the road, planning menus and cleaning schedules, and trying to decide if we can paint the living room and dining room before then. Nothing like throwing in an unplanned home improvement to brighten things up.

What's up on your Monday?


Sarah at More Than Enough joined me in sharing her blessings this week.

.

8 comments:

  1. i couldnt believe we won!! now, to get a win this weekend. . .
    r

    ReplyDelete
  2. You asked 'What's up on your Monday?' so here's my answer:

    http://notjustlaura.wordpress.com/2009/11/09/whats-up-on-your-monday/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in mourning for my beloved Nittany Lions . . . ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. R,
    It's any one's guess!

    Aimee,
    You are not! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. waiting on the referral folks to get back with us about getting Crickles seen at Urology and ultrasound to find out what is going on with his boy bits...more bleeding today, he's scared. He's old enough to know that it's not supposed to happen and well, we know his blood and urine were okay last week; however, does not negate his fear . . . . please pray that we get these appointments. I'm calling and waiting. He's home today 'cos a new symptom is he felt some kind of "let down" in his belly after going potty this AM and more blood than usual. Now, as the morning progresses, he feels good as ever, just scared.

    Otherwise, the chocolate chip mint cookies I am currently baking smell so awesome . . . I think one more cuppa coffee with two cookies will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your Thanksgiving menus!

    As per those "unexpecteds", (also known as "unpleasants"), I am thinking how they are often caresses from God, Who in His goodness desires only our perfection.

    Too lofty for a Monday? Maybe...but I for one need something to turn my thoughts from the broken oven, the broken garbage disposal, the laundry, and the leaves-in-need-of-raking.

    I love raking leaves, don't get me wrong. It's the bagging I can't stand. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. For me...trying to catch up from a very lazy weekend! Oh...also keeping an eye on Tropical Storm Ida....not what I need right now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mondays are a good day to regroup. My best friend always made them her "pajama day." She didn't leave the house and she stayed in her pajamas. Wisdom at its best.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!