Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Friday, October 02, 2009

Guardian Angels, pray for us

.
"See that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that their angels in heaven always look upon the face of my heavenly Father." Matthew 18:10

That's one of my favorite scripture verses. Heaven help those who would bring harm to a child.



Today is (of course, you know) the Feast of the Guardian Angels. The children and I have been talking about angels quite a bit lately because both children have been studying Creation in religion. As a part of one of Peach's assignments recently, she drew a picture of her Guardian Angel and named "her." She knows that angels have no bodies, but are immortal spirits, but I think imagining how they would look with a body is alright. St. Michael, St. Gabriel and St. Raphael had human bodies at one time, so it is possible to imagine. How many of us had this picture hanging on the bedroom wall growing up? I think it's important that children learn to have a relationship with their angels, so that they can communicate with their heaven-sent guardians and messengers. Besides, our angels look upon the face of Our Heavenly Father -- what better beings to pray for us?

You can find a darling Guardian Angel coloring page here, but why not also have your child draw his or her own?

.

1 comment:

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!