Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Thursday, September 03, 2009

The Trick to Pleats

.

I caved. I am so weak in the face of parochial school plaids. Help me! No, don't -- I don't want to be saved.

My dear friend Theresa, the dirtdartwife, tipped me off to some really, really inexpensive school uniform skirts, and so I caved. I bought Peach a uniform skirt (or two) and now I am looking at my little Peach in her sweet little parochial school plaid every day. It was just too much to resist.

But, that's not the reason for this post. This post is about laundering pleated skirts. I learned this trick from my aunt years and years ago before I ever knew I would have the opportunity to use it. She used it on her three girls' pleated jumpers and skirts for 13 years.

Here's the trick:

Wash the skirt or jumper in the machine. Remove it promptly and hang it on a hanger with clips or on the clothesline. Clothespin every pleat, individually, with a spring-loaded pin. I promise that you will not ever need to iron pleats again.



.

7 comments:

  1. That looks eerily like my St. Pius skirt. Shudder. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's quite a trick! And while we already discussed my penchant for blue jeans, I'll file that little tidbit away. Just in case. (I think Rosie might be a pleat girl.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really? That looks like as much work as ironing! I just took KT's out of the dryer asap and never ironed.

    Now, I've heard of people who had to wear khaki w/ pleats like that and they HAD to be ironed after every wash. That would be a nightmare!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily, Do you have issues we need to discuss? ;-)

    Jennie,
    I'll be sure to pass some pleats on!

    Sara, It just takes a minute. And the pleats stay nice and tight.

    Thanks, Lana.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh cool! I never knew that and here I have a pile of skirts to iron!!! Gah! I wish I had known that. Now I do! Thanks!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wish i had known that back when lauren was in school (kindergarten). of course, why would you actually iron the pleats if she is just wearing these for (HOME)school??
    r

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!