Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Sunday, August 02, 2009

Please Pray for My Seminarian

.
Today when we went to Mass we had a lovely surprise. We saw my oldest son's good friend Matthew. We were surprised to see him because he does not attend Mass at our parish, but was there for a Baptism. It was really, really lovely to see him. He's my fourth son, you know. He even calls me Mama (but don't tell his real Mama because she might kick my butt).

I have written about my fourth son before -- he went away to choir college last year to study to be an organist. Sometime during his freshman year he realized he had a calling (actually I think he heard his calling a while ago, but he was playing deaf).

So, if you have an extra prayer today, I ask you to pray for my seminarian. Especially on Tuesday on the feast day of St. John Vianney, patron of priests. He is on retreat all week and meets with our bishop on Friday. He will enter the Pontifical College Josephinum this month.

.

9 comments:

  1. An Hail Mary being said! When I pray the Rosary, I include the call for holy priests and religious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful! I will pray for him.

    We have a few seminarians working at our parish this summer, and it is so nice to see them serving at Mass and doing other things to gain parish-life experience. Their reverent presence gives me hope for the future of our Church!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Consider it done :) May your seminarian be inspired and energized to continue his prayer and studies, and become a holy priest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barbara,
    Our excellent sermon today was on St. John Vianney and the priesthood...I will pray for your seminarian.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent news! We just heard from our friends that their son has been accepted into the seminary. They need all the prayers they can get :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have a new seminarian at our parish as well! Especially in this year of the priest we are so blessed to have them! I dedicate each Wednesday - in honor of St. Joseph - to priests and seminarians, offering Mass, Communion, and special prayers. I will certainly include your special seminarian from now on, Barbara. May he always be a man of God.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Barbara,
    I will include your seminarian in my prayers... particularly for clarity in his discernment.

    I know first-hand how necessary those prayers are for seminarians, as #1 Son was in the seminary for 1 1/2 years.

    Might I add that I am SO excited for this next generation of priests!! God has blessed His Church with some amazing men... I know several of them personally. We've got some extremely wonderful expectations in our newly and yet-to-be ordained priests!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We'd love to pray for Matthew, Barbara. Why don't you put a request in over at Spiritual Motherhood for Priest on the Priest in Focus post?
    But for now our family pray for him.
    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry my name for the comment above is Zeliemum.
    God Bless to you all.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!