Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Wednesday, July 01, 2009

(I Can't Be) Wordless Wednesday

.


Yesterday I called down to Peach, who was playing in the ravine, "Hey Kitty (she has many nicknames), why are you barefoot?"

"Because I'm playing on the beach."

And so she was. Can't you hear the waves?





~~~~~~~~~~~~



The girls, Lily and Sue, are having their Debutante ball today.







Will I wear pink or blue?

I think pink.



We're just wall flowers. I mean wild flowers.



~~~~~~~~~~


For my birthday, my brother made me a candle in one of my favorite summer scents. It's sitting next to my sink, and I light it while I wash the dishes at night.
"You put the lime in the coconut, you drink 'em both together
Put the lime in the coconut, then you feel better
Put the lime in the coconut, drink 'em both up
Put the lime in the coconut, and call me in the morning..."


Gotcha. Now it's in your head.


.

4 comments:

  1. Has she read Nim's Island? That's what I thought of when I saw those pictures of her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so late on this due to self-imposed blog-reading hiatus lol - Belated Happy Birthday!!! Peach is sooo cute, what a great imagination, I could use some of those seaside imagination today with this cool weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving your words this morning.
    and the pictures.
    i can smell that candle from here.
    lime and coconut?
    you've given me an idea....
    thanks.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!