Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Under the fence, Catch the sheep, Back you go, Off you leap

.
I love those little knitting rhymes. Sometimes I get them stuck in my head and have to go do something else for a while until they are gone. Silly.


After 23 (and a half) years of marriage, my husband and I have gotten to a place in our lives where we can be open about our wants and desires. A week or so before my birthday, I asked if any purchases had been made. I wasn't being nosy, but I wasn't going to make a suggestion if he'd already been shopping. He said no. I told him what I wanted and he suggested I place the order. Not very romantic, but that's o.k. I get what I want that way.

I ordered some of these gorgeous knitting needles that I had been thinking about since I saw them. They are so pretty -- practical eye candy.




And they feel really nice in my fingers. I haven't started a project with them yet -- I just finished a cotton cap for my neighbor. She is going through treatment for ovarian cancer and lost her hair two weeks after her first treatment. The doctors predicted the day (actually, it may have been the nurses) she would lose her hair, and it happened within hours. Anyway, I made her this nice soft pink and white cotton cap.



Not very glam, but definitely comfy. The pattern is on page nine here. It was a good, simple pattern.

Now I'm going to pick something I can make with my new needles. Hmmmm. What shall I make?


.

11 comments:

  1. Oooooh. How about a one of those pretty slender scarves... at my house... while you teach me? Is that too much to ask?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you got something fun that you wanted for your birthday. We've only be married three years and I've already started ordering my own gifts! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. super pretty needles. i use addi, wood needles stick too much in my knitting. you are (almost) inspiring me to start on a project again. it has been a while!!
    r

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky! I don't know what you should make. I have lots of yarn, including some adorable stuff I bought today because it was too cute to pass up, and no patterns that suit me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty needles!! And that cap is very sweet. I am sure your neighbor will appreciate it.

    Barbara, I have an award, well two awards, at my blog for you! =) Yeah!! You may have received one of them in the past; I don't know ... But I'm giving it to you anyway. The other one is brand new!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so sweet to do that for your neighbor and a good witness and example of God's tender love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is the sweetest cap! You are such a thoughtful person. Those needles are quite lovely! Maybe you could make a baby blanket for your first project. Even if no one needs one now you may hear of a baby coming before you finish it or you could donate it. Just an idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that rhyme is so fresh in my mind still....too bad i haven't had a chance to learn any more stitches. you simply must come HERE and teach me some...bring your new needles. and peach.
    ahhh, if only.
    lovely cap.
    so sweet of you.
    can't wait to see what you make next. how about a dollie sweater?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Charlotte,
    Can you hear me singing? "I'll be there..." Long slender scarves. Pick your yarn.

    Anne,
    You're a smart girl. You learn quick.

    Sara,
    No patterns here either. I still haven't started anything. I think I'll make a rosary today instead. The problem is, I make most everything to give away -- usually for our parish ministry. So I never make anything just for me.

    Thanks Sarah. The cap fit. My neighbor wore it when she walked last night. She was also very grateful and said it came on a day when she needed a real pick-me-up. Don't you live it when that happens?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, Julia. You are so kind to say so.

    Elly,
    I do happen to have a baby blanket on some needles right now. I take it to gymnastics or basketball camp -- when I just need something mindless to do!

    Regan,
    You give me a good idea -- Kit would probably love a new sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh! Let us know how the needles work! I have heard good things about them. Like Regina, I have become an addi addict. I hate knitting with anything else!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!