Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Hello Petunia

.

If you have petunias in your yard or in pots, it's probably time to trim them back to keep them from getting too leggy. They'll last for several days in a glass of water by your kitchen sink. Aren't they so friendly looking? Can't you hear them say, "Hello, are you doing dishes again?"








"Jesus set the book of nature before me and I saw that all the flowers He has created are lovely. The splendor of the rose and the whiteness of the lily do not rob the little violet of its scent nor the daisy of its simple charm. I realized that if every tiny flower wanted to be a rose, spring would lose its loveliness and there would be no wildflowers to make the meadows gay." -- St. Therese of Lisieux



.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks, I think I will do that!! I have a birthday party for Ballerina Rosie (one friend and her my other two little girls) Flowers would look great all around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very lovely! ss

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful! I think I would be inspired to do dishes more often, instead of procrastinating... (like I am right now!)

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photo is beautiful!

    I think that having a few flowers above the sink makes even doing dishes a peaceful experience!

    They ARE friendly :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please bring those pretty petunias over here...the sink is full! It's those three teenagers and the husband who don't seem to realize that someone has to load the dishwasher...why can't they just put the dishes into the dishwasher themselves??? ;)

    Oh well, soon they'll (the teens) be away and I'll be whining about how quiet the house is and I wish someone was over here to dirty dishes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jamie,
    The girls will love it! They can even take them home.

    Thanks, ss. ;-)

    At least it makes the view better, Meg.

    Leila,
    They were friendly all day -- and there are more to trim in the yard!

    Oh, Cheryl, Do you mean it's not just my kids and my husband? No matter how many times I remind them...

    Thanks, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!