Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Monday, June 22, 2009

You Lovely Internet Friend, You

.
The nicest thing about having a blog is I tell you things that I wouldn't bother my irl friends with. I mentioned that I wasn' t feeling well on Friday, and you left the kindest, most thoughtful comments for me. I would never have called my irl friends to complain, but I complained to you and you are so nice, you told me you care. Thank you. (My irl father-in-law did call to check on me because he was reading my blog -- and he cares, too.)

I am feeling a little better, but there's still something going on in my head. I checked my blood pressure -- it's low, but my normal low. I really hydrated myself -- drank lots of water. I made some cucumber water and it was so good I drank many times more cucumber water than I would plain water. (Just slice some cucumbers and add water -- subtle but good.) I'm inclined to agree with my husband that it's the air conditioning. We had some cooler evenings over the weekend and spent time outdoors. We were at a grad party Saturday, and we grilled out and ate out last night and then I did some gardening ( caged up those poor tomatoes falling over from the weight of the green fruit). I felt better outdoors. But today's at least 90 again so back to the air conditioning. It makes me so sleepy -- I just want to lie around all day.

I rested on Saturday -- worked on a pretty pink and white cotton chemo cap for my neighbor, Peach and I watched National Velvet, painted our toenails, ate peanut M&Ms, and shooed the boys out of the room.

But, it's Monday, so back to real life. There are loads of laundry to catch up on, cooking and cleaning to do, and I have to shuttle high school boy to summer gym class. Noah has some 6th grade math tests to finish and Peach needs to wrap up a few first grade tests, as well. On Thursday I celebrate my (47th!) birthday and I'd like our summer obligations to be pretty much over -- I have things that need my undivided attention (like painting walls and scrapbooking).

Some pictures from our weekend, and have a great Monday, friend.





A huge gully washer storm on Thursday had our creek over its banks on Friday. We had real live rapids in the back yard. Water slide anyone?



Cucumber water -- it looks as good as it tastes.



Pretty pink cotton yarn for a chemo cap.




This flower never wilts in the heat -- she stays out in it all day. Wheew!


.

9 comments:

  1. Have you tried some saline nasal spray or some people prefer a neti-pot to help keep your sinuses nice and moist? If you think it is the AC, it could be that it's the drier air. People always think of dry air in the winter with the heat blowing, but the AC will dry out your air just as fast and dry sinuses could totally trigger the dizzies. Take care, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did the fresh outside air help? Could you get out in little short bits of time?

    I hope this week goes better for you!

    I love those pictures, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gully washer you had! Glad to hear you were able to rest up a bit and relax this weekend. I'll be praying for you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like a nice weekend, even if you weren't feeling 100%. I hope this week is better for you, Barbara. You will be in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy (early) birthday! You are in the same week as Sally, my little Junebug :) Hope you are feeling up to snuff soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you share a birthday with the Baptist! lucky girl! my phia will turn 10 on wed., on the vigil. what a special, special saint. you have. i'll be asking him to help you feel better. darling pictures. even the flood waters look great! i'll have to try that cucumber water. i love the smell of cucumbers. my face cream has that subtle scent and it smells so yummy i want to eat it! now get to that scrapbooking and painting....for you'll surely feel better after doing a little of that? funny i have those same things on my list. i am so behind on my scrapbooks. but now that i finally have a "place to spread out and do it, there is really no excuse. except maybe time...if i could just get thru this week...maybe then i'll have the time! hugs to you dear lady. and happy early bday.

    ps. i wish i was a part of your RL too, we could have such great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. please tell regan not to eat her face cream. :)
    A/C is hard on me, too. we are keeping it set at 80 so it only goes on when it gets that warm in here. we are quickly acclimating to the heat here on the island. It gets hot, but the blessings are the Tradewinds and the little spritzer like rains every now and again. Those are gifts from God!
    Prayers continue for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear you are feeling better! Hope you have a wonderful and fun 47th:~)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoyed reading your blog tonight.....I love finding new blogs...Had a little time to blog hop tonight while waiting to go to the hospital and welcome a new grandson tomorrow. This month I am posting about our Disney trip, plus a great giveaway.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!