Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Friday, April 17, 2009

Wash Day Beauty

.


Today was a gorgeous washing day. Not a cloud in the sky, light breeze -- free dryer service.




I used to enjoy time spent at the clothes line because it was in solitude. The kids didn't bother me because I would put them to work. Now Peach enjoys helping me, so she chatters while she hands me the clothespins, or I hold while she puts the pins on where the line is low enough. Good stuff. And it's free.


.

6 comments:

  1. I wonder if gov't housing will "allow" me to hand items out (not under garments) when we live in HI. I never see anyone hang out clothes on this post. I did once - and the gal had been raised by a German mother and lived in Germany a few years herself. I think it's a grand way to dry things and they smell so good after!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my happest childhood memories: listening to my grandmother sing as she hung bedsheets on the line to dry. :) Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rosemary,
    I have great memories of running through the clean sheets in the backyard (I'm sure my mother loved us leaving our dirty hand prints on her clean sheets!).

    Sarah,
    I am fortunate that no one can see my clothesline. We live on a ravine with a tall fence on the side where my clothesline is. No one has ever complained although I'm pretty sure it's restricted in the deed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love a clothesline myself. but haven't done any "hanging" in a while. i had a friend who actually got into trouble from her homeowners association for hanging out clothes. they moved the "locale" of the line and continued to do it. silly, huh? (the association, not my friend).
    and the clothes do smell better!
    ps. what a lovely little helper you have!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet memories of sheets and towels fresh from the clothes line. I can almost feel the crispness and smell the freshness.

    Shalom,
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have come back to this post several times. That child has the most angelic smile. How precious that she wants to help. Enjoy it while it lasts and before she learns that Mom has three syllables. LOL

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!