Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Please, Mr. Postman

.

Well, it's really Mr. UPS Man.

Mr. UPS Man, please, please hurry.

I ordered an Easter dress for Peach last week. I know that's a little late, but I couldn't admit that I really wasn't going to get it made until last week (especially since I didn't have fabric or a pattern in-hand). And so I ordered one from Gymboree. And they shipped it last Friday. And it is not scheduled to arrive until this Friday.

Can it really take seven whole days for a package to get from California to Ohio? Really? I'm pretty sure Pony Express was faster than that.


.

5 comments:

  1. I got a top yesterday from Justice (Ltd. Too) for my girl. She spied it in a catalogue and asked (begged) me for it so she could wear it Easter Sunday - I said she could, but she'd have to wear a sweater at Mass (it's straps, not sleeves). I hope the dress arrives earlier than Friday just so you have peace of mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pony Express was run by people... UPS is run by computers - hence the delay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope it arrives soon! If it's any consolation, my DH ordered ties for this Holy Week (he's coming into the Church on Saturday and wanted a tie for each evening)and they weren't supposed to be here until Wed but go here today. So hope you get the dress soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In my experience, UPS usually takes fewer days than they say they will. Hopefully that's the case this week too.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!